You've reached the base page for the Blumberg family domain. There is not a lot of public interest here; most of the matter in the domain is for Blumberg family members and isn't easily accessible without special permission or a specific URL. However, here are some commonly circulated pages, along with links to websites that Richard has created or maintains in other domains; if you came here for a purpose, you are likely to find what you are looking for here:
- Map to Joan & Richard's home in Cincinnati. With driving directions, phone numbers, etc. This map was prepared long before the days of MapQuest and Google Maps, and it may or may not be more useful than a Google Maps search for 3528 Mooney Ave., Cincinnati, OH 45208
- Richard's professional biography. Again, a little out of date, but little changes in retirement, so if you are interested in the path that led to this site, here's an archaeological tour that might help.
- Richard's personal blog. Not as frequently updated as it perhaps should be, but there may be something interesting there at any given moment of time.
- Dharma Study. This is taking the bulk of Richard's time right now and represents the focus of his interests and energies for the past few years.
- A New Dharma Center. If the Buddha's Dharma is to survive in our time (which needs it so desperately), then Buddhism will have to find a way of building an American sangha which assumes responsibility for transmitting that Dharma using terms and methods that engage the sympathetic participation of American seekers. This site explores a proposal for establishing a new type of Dharma center that would take that responsibility on; some of the material from this site is cross-posted to the Dharma Study Site.
- Miscellaneous other websites, mostly from earlier times:
- The Mahabharata. Richard's re-telling of the great Indian epic, prepared originally for a talk to a literary club in 1991.
- Political Rejection Kit. A poem in 108 bumper stickers, plus a preface and a tee-shirt.
- Wm. Blake Fabricators. The company that Richard established when he left the ad agency in the early '90's, for who knows what reason. When people ask what we make, we tell them "We make things up."
- Church of Many Gods. Richard intends to do something with this idea at some time; you may consider this site as one more paving stone on a road that leads somewhere or other.
- Happy, Joyous, and Free-Thinking. Another paving stone.
- LOS. This is a pseudonym that Richard adopted a long time ago and used for a few mildly anarchistic rants.
- Pictures. This is a link to Richard's Flickr page, with lots of Blumberg family photos, photos of Maine and other vacation places, and miscellaneous pictures of flowers, animals, and landscapes that Richard has taken and uses for the wallpaper on his computer.
- Hiram Blake Camp. The site that Richard built and maintains, too sluggishly, for Richard & Joan's favorite place in the world.
- Richard's email address. If you were looking for something specific and did not find it here.
Thank you for visiting.